Kim Fincher on faith, family, and finances sharing with you resources to improve your life that I use and love. A community for Christian help, hope, and encouragement.
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email
Waiting on Eternity
Do you ever find yourself thinking: "If only Jesus would come today." I know I have more than once. When life get's us down we often think about hiding and running away. It's a way to preserve our sanity and a way to escape our present situations. One day Jesus will return and for all eternity we will be in His presence! Waiting on eternity feels like an eternity in these bodies filled with sin, selfish-desires, pain, hurt, and pride. It becomes a heavy load if we are not careful to keep a balanced day. I try not to over do it and the best way for me is to just focus on one small task at a time, making a list, and with plenty of wiggle room for play and relaxation with my two boys who are both under 4. Life can be loved and lived with eternity in mind and that's the best thing we have to look forward to. Praise God! For all eternity is not today, but today is all we have to worry about and enjoy, thank God! Be encouraged today my friends! Jesus loves you!!
Suggested Reading: Matthew 5:3-12
1. Plan ahead. If your not without now, plan ahead for the future. Put aside at least $20 a week for stocking up your pantry, freezer, and personal care needs: such as toothpaste, toilet paper, deodorant, and hair care. ( How to do this for close to nothing! Coming soon! See more on Facebook: Kim Fincher)
2. Use what you have now. Make a meal plan. Look above, below, and dig deep in your pantry and kitchen. Use it all up!
3. Only buy ingredients that will stretch your meals of what you have and are necessary. You can make biscuits n gravy from flour! Buy the very cheapest essentials.
4. Meal plan to stay focused, encouraged, and organized. Often when were feeling stressed we can't think straight. This will help and you'll be amazed at how much you actually have when you use what you have!
5. Change your thinking from stinking to blessing! So very important make a thank you Lord list everyday count your blessings and you will feel rich even when struggling financially and if y…
In the beginning...
Can you imagine seeing a dark void? What it must have been like in the very beginning when God created everything?!
Its like when a new baby is born, especially if its your very first child ever born its all new and fresh.
Can you just see Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden? Everything is new and crispy clean. Then sin enters and messes up everything. Just like when your new baby starts exploring and gets a bump on his head or a cut on her finger. Babies age and have scars and learn imperfect behaviours from us.
Regardless we try and protect them and keep them safe from harm. Thats what God did when he punished Adam and Eve from disobeying his command, "dont eat from thst tree. " Were not meant to live forever and know everything and we need Gods protection and wisdom to survive.
Seek His shelter and His wisdom to grow in strength spiritually. Psalm 911 "Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. …