Friday, June 13, 2014
Proverbs 31 Woman
As I was reading a book recommendation by a homeschool Mom I wanted to share with you some of these Godly traits with the scriptures as a great reference to study and pray about so that you can grow as a woman of God as I desire to do so and that's why I studied the word and found some scripture references to go along with the traits. The book I was reading is: Created to Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl
1. A Woman of Virtue or virtuous- morally excelllent, righteous Ruth 3:11, Prov. 21:29, 31:10, 29
2. Gracious (ness)- abounding in grace and kindness, merciful, compassionate Prov. 11:16, John 1:16, 2 Cor. 8:7, Col. 4:6, 1 Tim. 1:14, 1 Peter 1:10, 13
3. Wisdom- knowledge, insight, judgement Prov. 2:6, 3:13, 8:11, 11:2, 16:16, 23:23, 29:3
4. Prudent- Marked by wisdom or judiciousness, discreet Prov. 14:8, 18, 22:3
5. Goodness- the beneficial quality of something, kindness Psalm 145:7, Rom. 14:17, 15:14
We could also find and study more scriptures for each of these 5 by finding synonyms for each word used here and depending on your translation. I used the NLT Study bible for this study. This is a great way to grow in the word and to understand who we are to God and what the Word says we are and who we are to be. I love the word of God! don't you?
Have a blessed day and stay encouraged in His ways. love, Kim
You Are Significant! “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 The...